Front End Developer
Athonet provides a complete in-house software-based LTE/5G connectivity platform that runs in cloud or virtualised data centre environments and on ruggedized hardware.
The software solution has been fully built by Athonet and has been put through the toughest tests by CSPs, Enterprises and Governments. Our software has been deployed worldwide and has received the most important awards in both the Telecoms industry (FIVE Global Mobile Awards 2016-2019) and the Mission-Critical industry (THREE International Critical Communications Awards).
Our platform allows customers to break free from the restrictive, expensive, proprietary telco-centric architecture of legacy solutions and embrace the true potential of wireless networks – capturing new sources of revenue whilst also massively reducing CapEx and OpEx. We enable your transition from the monolithic networks of the past to a new agile connectivity platform for a federation of networks.
Collaborate with strategists, UX designers, accessibility, consultants, product managers / owners, and other partner groups on ideation and concept efforts for next generation experiences (features, apps, product touch points, etc.) for desktop.
- Gather requirements and write clean code to designs built from design team, while delivering your own creative freedom to develop engaging user experiences
- Collaborate with a range of contributors, including back-end developers to create, test and deploy software
- Respond to user feedback, improving user experiences and user journeys while maintaining product functionality and requirements
- Design responsive experiences, React, HTML, CSS
- Leverage front end frameworks to build and deploy efficiently
- Deliver products, solve problems with creative solutions, and work as a part of an innovative team focused on customer-facing software
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company, as well as customers, consultants and contractors as needed
- 5+ years in Front End Development
- Experience in consuming REST API
- Custom components documentation (e.g. Storybook)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Analytical mind and problem-solving attitude
- Attention to details
- Teamworking ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Keen to learn, grow and master new skills and resources
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Collaborative but decisive style
Degree / Bachelor degree:
- Telecommunications (M.Sc. required, Ph.D. preferred)
- Computer Science (M.Sc. required, Ph.D. preferred)
- Training on the Job & Coaching Program
- Have access to a generous career building and personal development training program and budget, internal training.
- Required languages English and Italian; other languages French and German
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with a skilful team
- Possibility to join conferences and courses around Europe for continuous improvement
- Access to company benefits that include a subsidized gym membership
- Remote friendly environment
- Free lunch, fresh fruit, coffee and tea
- Team building events
Inclusion & Diversity
Our Inclusion & Diversity strategy aims to break down all barriers and eliminate prejudice. We are committed to providing an accessible, inclusive, open and welcoming workplace environment for people with different abilities, backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientation, gender identity, needs and expectations, helping all individuals to make the most of their professional potential.
We honour our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories.
For information on our Privacy Protection Safeguards art13 L.679/2016 (GDPR) go to https://athonet.com/privacy-policy/
We are an equal opportunities employer.