Lead Network System Engineer
Athonet is changing digital connectivity with a new kind of wireless network – Private 5G networks that can be deployed by anybody, just like WiFi. We enable 5G technology to break free from the confines of national scale networks and be deployed in every office, factory, industrial site, warehouse, transport hub and even private home. We provide the vital connectivity for AI, Virtual Reality, Holography, Robotics, Public safety and any form of critical wireless communications. Our customers, partners and employees are completely transforming the way that wireless communications are conceived and implemented. We are creating a new future for wireless networks based on private 5G networks, the cloud and liberalized access to spectrum.
The software solution has been fully built by Athonet and has been put through the most rigorous tests by Telecoms Operators, Enterprises and Governments. Our software has been deployed worldwide and has received the most important awards in both the Telecoms industry (FIVE Global Mobile Awards 2016-2019) and the Mission-Critical industry (THREE International Critical Communications Awards).
The Lead Network System Engineer will support sales and ongoing post-sales technical support for private 5G networks in Germany. He/she will be the primary technical point of contact for our customers’ and partners’ needs. He/she should be customer orientated with a a strong technology background in either enterprise IP networking or LTE/5G networks.
- Support sales team in the acquisition of new customers, capturing individual customer requirements, use-cases and specifications, design and solution proposals, technical consulting and supporting inputs for RFIs, RFPs and RFQs
- Identify and understand key barriers to the customer adopting our solutions and support the identification of ways of overcoming these challenges
- Present our solutions to customers in a compelling way, ensuring the complex is made simple and easy to follow
- Support the implementation of solutions post-sales and enable the customer to have a seamless first time experience
- Engage in individual customer meetings, webinars and public webcasts
- Attend and represent the company at trade fairs, conferences, partner events and industry associations
- Contribute to the growth of the Athonet partner community through workshops, newsletters, user community portal or other formats.
- Provide technical expertise towards customers in use of Athonet’s products and solutions
- Capture new feature requirements and feedback to the product management team
- Support interoperability testing with radios and devices at customers, partners or in-house
- Familiarize yourself about technical developments and trends in the market and with our competitors
- Good knowledge of Network & Security
- Proven track record identifying and championing appropriate new technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience in server, network and applications, and problem resolution
- Proficient with managing and prioritizing multiple projects
- TCP/IP, Networking, switching and routing
- Hypervisor (VMWare/KVM)
- LTE/5G network experience
- Ability to present technical concepts and solutions
- Ability to gain confidence and interact all the way from CTIO and CXO to junior technicalinterface
- Preferred knowledge and experience with AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail
- Team player with ability to work with sales product and operational support teams toprovide the best outcome for the customer
- Strong communications skills and ability to impart information about technology and services to prospects and clients
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Collaborative but decisive style
Degree / Bachelor degree:
- Telecommunications (M.Sc. required, Ph.D. preferred);
- Computer Science (M.Sc. required, Ph.D. preferred)
- Training on the Job & Coaching Program
- Have access to a generous career building and personal development training program and budget, internal training.
- Fluent in both German and English with excellent spoken and written communications skills in both languages
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with a skilful team
- Possibility to join conferences and courses around Europe for continuous improvement
- Access to company benefits that include a subsidized gym membership
- Remote friendly environment
- Free lunch, fresh fruit, coffee and tea
- Team building events
Inclusion & Diversity
Our Inclusion & Diversity strategy aims to break down all barriers and eliminate prejudice. We are committed to providing an accessible, inclusive, open and welcoming workplace environment for people with different abilities, backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientation, gender identity, needs and expectations, helping all individuals to make the most of their professional potential.
We honour our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories.
For information on our Privacy Protection Safeguards art13 L.679/2016 (GDPR) go to https://www.athonet.com/privacy-policy/
We are an equal opportunities employer.