Product Manager Web Services
Athonet provides a complete in-house software-based LTE/5G connectivity platform that runs in cloud or virtualised data centre environments and on ruggedized hardware.
Our platform allows customers to break free from the restrictive, expensive, proprietary telco-centric architecture of legacy solutions and embrace the true potential of wireless. The Product Manager will be responsible for the overall product management and forecasting of the currently marketed Web Services portfolio. This position will work to evaluate sales performances by product and formulate corporate long-range plans, goals, and objectives to ensure optimum performance of products. The incumbent will work closely with Sales and R&D departments to achieve the high levels of service our customers expect from Athonet. This position will be located in Vicenza, Italy, and will report to the Director of Technology.
- Responsible for external interfaces with the commercial organization
- Gathers and analyses requirements for new feature
- Owns the business requirements documents
- Owns the customer-facing product documents
- Co-ordinates the flow of work items with R&D to ensure clarity of the business requirements
- Creates the roadmap and maintain it in co-ordination with the product management team and R&D
- Responsible for communicating changes of the roadmap to the commercial organization
- Responsible for software release approval based on meeting agreed QA KPIs
- Develops and maintains tools to effectively review and analyze currently marketed products, reporting actual vs. goals to senior management.
- Develops and maintains forecasting, analysis and market share attainment for generic product portfolio.
- Develops, communicates and coordinates new product launch plans and strategy to the Sales and R&D team to achieve or exceed share and net sales goals.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain to ensure appropriate product inventory levels and expected Customer Service Levels.
- Investigate failure to supply claims and validate.
- Working closely with the platform engineering team to define and communicate protocol changes.
- Stays current with industry trends and market information, specifically with respect to the Company’s current product portfolio, to understand key competitive issues in relation to pricing and business strategy.
- Gathers market and competitive intelligence and stays attuned to customer input. Tracks and monitors monthly performance of product portfolio and recommends strategies to maximize opportunities.
- Ensure we effectively manage communications with our partners regarding product/service integration.
- Provide primary product and technical leadership for our partner facing web services / APIs.
- Be an expert on competitive web services and ensure our products and documentation arebest in class.
- Ensure our partners can quickly and easily integrate with our platform through the availabilityof complete APIs and related documentation and tools.
- Track usage characteristics, performance and usage statistics for our web services and partner distribution.
- Track consumer feedback, customer care, customer satisfaction, dashboards and metrics to measure success and engagement of new and existing features and functionalities.
- Monitor product satisfaction and identify and lead key initiatives to increase it.
- Monitor and understand key site performance and operational metrics.
- Needs to be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems.
- Understanding of VMware design principles and deployment requirements.
- Strong understand and some amount of hands on experience using web-based APIs (JSON, AJAX, SOAP, XML)
- Experience with orchestration tools such as, Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO), Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, and HP NFV Director.
- Cisco, Openstack, and Redhat certifications.
- Strong knowledge of multimedia real time communication protocols and performance requirements
- Experience participating on project teams as both a leader and participant for long duration, complex technical projects.
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies, procedures, and persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Ability to make presentations to various groups and customers.
- Skills in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports, policies and procedures as well as general office communications.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers.
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with great attention to detail.
Degree / Bachelor degree:
- Telecommunications (M.Sc. required, Ph.D. preferred)
- Computer Science (M.Sc. required, Ph.D. preferred)
- Training on the job & Coaching Program
- Have access to a generous career building and personal development training program and budget, internal training.
- Required languages English and Italian; other languages French and German
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with a skillful team
- Possibility to join conferences and courses around Europe for continuous improvement
- Access to company benefits that include a subsidized gym membership
- Remote friendly environment
- Free lunch, fresh fruit, coffee and tea
- Team building events
Inclusion & Diversity
Our Inclusion & Diversity strategy aims to break down all barriers and eliminate prejudice. We are committed to providing an accessible, inclusive, open and welcoming workplace environment for people with different abilities, backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientation, gender identity, needs and expectations, helping all individuals to make the most of their professional potential.
We honour our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories.
For information on our Privacy Protection Safeguards art13 L.679/2016 (GDPR) go to https://www.athonet.com/privacy-policy/
We are an equal opportunities employer.